Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- "Account" means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- "Company" (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Sichuun.com website and any of its subdomains (customers.sichuun.com, support.sichuun.com, etc.)
- "Country" refers to Canada.
- "Cookies" are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- "Device" means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- "Personal Data" is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- "Service" refers to the Website.
- "Service Provider" means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- "Usage Data" refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself.
- "Website" refers to Sichuun.com website and any of its subdomains (customers.sichuun.com, support.sichuun.com, etc.)
- "You" means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, we may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website downloads onto your computer or other internet-enabled devices (such as mobile phones and tablets) when you visit a website. The cookie will help the website recognise your device the next time you visit.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering your preferences, measuring your activity and optimising your user experience.
Usage of cookies
When consulting the Sichuun websites, cookies may get placed on your computer, mobile or tablet. Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes such as remembering your preferences, measuring your activity, and optimising your user experience.
It could contain the following data:
- information about the browser; an identifier, in the form of a unique number.
- an expiration date (some cookies only).
Generally, our cookies perform three different functions:
- Optimising and personalising Cookies are also used to optimise the webpages that you visit, and to personalise the content that we show you across all our digital assets, based on what we understand about your requirements.
Type of cookies used at Sichuun
- Session Cookies: Session cookies enable the website you are visiting to keep track of your movement from page to page, so you don't get asked for the same information you've already given to the site. Cookies allow you to proceed through many pages of a site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. These only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a website or a browser session).
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our services to remember choices you make, such as:
- remembering your username, preferences, and settings.
- remembering if you've filled in a survey or taken part in a poll or contest or otherwise reacted to something on through the services, so you're not asked to do it again.
- remembering if you've used any of our services before; restricting the number of times you are shown a particular advertisement.
- remembering your location; and ✓ enabling social media components like Facebook or Twitter.
The aim of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience so that you don't have to reset your preferences each time you use our services.
- Analytical/Customization cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use and interact with our services, for instance which pages they go to most often. These cookies also enable us to personalize content and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language, country, or region). These cookies help us improve the way our websites work and provide a better, personalized user experience.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have clicked. They gather information about your browsing habits and remember that you have visited a website. We (and third-party advertising platforms or networks) may use this information to make our websites, content, and advertisements displayed on them more relevant to your interests (this is sometimes called "behavioural" or "targeted" advertising). These types of cookies are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
How can you block cookies?
You can control whether to accept cookies or not. If you decide to not accept cookies, some features and services on our websites will not function properly. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can either:
- Change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or
- Set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. You can manage cookies in the privacy settings of the web browser you are using. Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access parts of our or others' websites. The following pointers provide information on how to modify the cookies’ settings on some popular browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
Sichuun is committed to providing the highest level of protection regarding the processing of their employees’, vendors’ and clients’/customers’ personal data based on applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Personal data comprises all the details that Sichuun collects and processes directly or indirectly about you as an individual, for instance information about your identity and contact details (such as name, email-ID, contact number), including information received from third parties and information collected through use of Sichuun websites, cookies or other similar tools. Sichuun will first and foremost comply with local law where it exists.
Processing Personal Data
Sichuun may process your personal data where such relevant personally identifiable information is required to be processed for legitimate Sichuun purposes as follows, but not limited to:
- Processing applications for products and services.
- Providing products and services; (It is not feasible for an organisation to provide product / servicewithout processing)
- Monitoring and improving our website and its content.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes andpromotions.
- Complying with applicable local or foreign law, regulation, policy, voluntary codes, directive, judgement or court order, as well as any contractual obligation pursuant to agreements between Sichuun and any authority, regulator or enforcement agency or body or any request coming from said entities.
- Establishing, exercising or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
- Surveillance of premises. (Video Recording)
Sichuun processes your personal data for the performance of the contracts/agreements concluded with you, compliance with applicable legal or regulatory obligations or Sichuun legitimate interests to provide you with adequate and qualitative products and services and to prevent against any excessive risk. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalisation that use such data will not work for you.
Access to Personal Data
Your personal data processed by Sichuun will only be accessible by a limited list of recipients on a need-to-know basis or where required by law. Our policy does not apply to third-party websites where our online advertisements are displayed, nor to linked third-party websites which we do not operate or control. To the extent permitted by law, Sichuun may record and monitor your communications with Sichuun to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies.
Retention of Personal Information
Your personal data processed by Sichuun are kept in a form which permits your identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed in line with legal, regulatory or statutory obligations. At the expiry of such periods, your personal data will be deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations or in accordance with applicable statutory limitation periods.
How to access and control your personal data?
Subject to applicable law, regulations and/or industry guidelines, you may have the right to invoke a data subject right in relation to your personal data being processed by Sichuun.
Sichuun may be allowed by law, in particular in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request, to charge a fee for fulfilling your request, subject to applicable conditions.
Sichuun shall provide information on action taken on a request pertaining to the Data Subject Rights without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests.
Sichuun shall inform the data subject of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
To invoke your data subject rights, please use the data subject right request form, or send an email to data protection officer (for contact details refer to the last section of this policy).
Finally, note that you are entitled to lodge a complaint with a competent Data Protection Authority where existing, concerning Sichuun’s compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulation.
The security and confidentiality of your Personal Data is important to us and Sichuun has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as Sichuun. Regardless of where your personal information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
Sichuun operates channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with employees, vendors and clients/customers. Sichuun monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about Sichuun in order to improve its products and services. Please note that you must not communicate to Sichuun through such social media sites the following information:
- confidential personal data, including any information regarding your financial situation, bank account details, transactions, etc.
- sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number; and
- excessive, inappropriate, offensive or insulting information towards individuals.
Sichuun is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. Sichuun is only responsible for its own use of the personal data received through such sites.
Sichuun may in its absolute discretion update this policy from time to time. The use of the Sichuun Websites and any products and services supplied are subject to our Terms and Conditions.
In any case, the Company will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Company undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, we may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Sichuun Inc. – Data Privacy
1009 Naskapi Road
Kawawachikamach, Quebec, G0G 2Z0, Canada